As mentioned in my bio, I am an advanced standing student, which also presents another dynamic to my life at MSPP. If you are awarded advanced standing, this means that you completed course work in a master’s program in psychology (or similarly related field) and your credits successfully transfer into the MSPP program of your choice. This would be a good time to speak on the benefits and hindrances of being an Advanced Standing Student:
- My Clinical Seminar II class seems appropriate to my level of experience, as I’ve already had a full year of internship when I was completing my master’s degree.
- I don’t have to re-take statistics ( amazing!) among some other classes that I took recently.
- I am able to dive into my internship and see clients immediately ( in some other PysD programs I looked into that did not have advanced standing, all first years did not have internship or practicum, but rather spent a year answering phone intakes).
- I am learning more about the theories I kind of learned about before in my master’s program but were not explored in depth.
- I can potentially graduate early(!!!)