Summer Breeze Makes Me Feel Fine

The school year feels as if it’s winding down… and it doesn’t. Getting through the month of March for any educator is always the last long push before the spring rolls by- there are no breaks, no long weekends in an endless haze of snow, mud, and MCAS. April 1st is in sight, and rumor of a sixty degree day over the weekend has everyone contemplating digging out their grills to take advantage.
I am already registered for summer classes (and given up nearly every single day of it) and am beginning the process of interviewing for jobs this fall. This process of looking ahead -which we are constantly doing in schools via IEPs, annual goals, and MCAS prep- makes me feel as though my vacations are already spent and make me desperate for some time to myself. I intend to spend some of this weekend in self care, doing my best to ignore all of the final papers I have to finish writing in favor of some quality time outside. Wish me luck!

About sthurstonmspp

I am a 28-year-old-School-Psychology-CAGS/PsyD-student. Whew, what a mouthful. Journey and Styx rock my world, and some hardcore volleyball makes it go round n' round. I have spend the past six years working at a school/residential facility for children with emotional and behavioral disorders, and when I tried to quit in order to begin grad school, it just didn't take- I continue to pick up shifts every week so I can see my kids. I am a new homeowner about 40 minutes outside of Boston (another favorite band) with my husband and my 3 year old (rescued) mutt, Maisy. I am going to do my best to invite you inside my thoughts as I continue my grad school career as a simultaneously juggle my full time internship, CAGS classes and begin my journey into the PsyD- enter at your own risk!