The School Psychology Department’s Annual Holiday Party

Everybody likes free food, especially when it’s pizza. What makes it even better, however, is the company you find yourself in. Year 1s, Year 2s, Year 3s, alumni, and PsyD students mingling with the forces who have shaped our program and are our resources in the field. There are hugs and handshakes, discussions of the School Psychology Softball team mascot (I vote for the Platy…. platypuses? Platypi?). The panel, representing a spectrum of experiences in “the job” speaks to the crowd about their satisfaction on the job and seems to repeat in so many different ways that the one thing that makes our job great and that makes us great at our jobs is that we go out and get what we want. We can make this job our own.
As School Psychologists, even a neophyte like myself (and yes, that was my position on the panel!) recognizes that above all else we are flexible. We wear so many different hats, provide support to a myriad of clients that can take on so many different forms, that we are like the undeniably cool platypus: hard to categorize, at first glance a heady combination of many different skills and pieces, and yet one complete and efficiently evolved being. Also, we are undeniably cool, too.
As such creatures, it is important that we stay ahead of the curve on many different fronts. Sometimes it feels like everything can affect our day to day experiences, from the clear impact of the tragedy at Sandy Hook to the less obvious downturns in the stock market causing an increase in the stress level of home lives of our kids.
How do we possibly stay abreast of all of these items, let alone distill the information into manageable and applicable pieces of information? Well, we help each other, of course. Resources are vital. The Communique, various blogs and news outlets, and of course, our own Out In Front.

Check it out: Out In Front

About sthurstonmspp

I am a 28-year-old-School-Psychology-CAGS/PsyD-student. Whew, what a mouthful. Journey and Styx rock my world, and some hardcore volleyball makes it go round n' round. I have spend the past six years working at a school/residential facility for children with emotional and behavioral disorders, and when I tried to quit in order to begin grad school, it just didn't take- I continue to pick up shifts every week so I can see my kids. I am a new homeowner about 40 minutes outside of Boston (another favorite band) with my husband and my 3 year old (rescued) mutt, Maisy. I am going to do my best to invite you inside my thoughts as I continue my grad school career as a simultaneously juggle my full time internship, CAGS classes and begin my journey into the PsyD- enter at your own risk!

12 Responses to The School Psychology Department’s Annual Holiday Party

1. SEO Positive Plus are a brand new SEO Company based in
    North Wales. We pride our agency on providing amazing service
    at affordable prices, all work is done by hand, so you don’t need to worry
    about being ripped off by companies that use automation software.

2. I ԝas able to find good advice from your content.

3. These thoughts will cause another psychological trick to kick
    in and he will start missing you. Tell him what’s going on and let
    him know that it’s time to move on ‘ separately.
    If so, you’re probably frustrated right now and want to know how to make your ex
    boyfriend want you back.

4. These are truly enormous ideas in on the topic of blogging.
    You have touched some fastidious things here.
    Any way keep up wrinting.

5. I think that what you said made a lot of sense.
    But, think about this, what if you added a little information?
    I ain’t suggesting your information isn’t solid., but suppose you added
    something that grabbed folk’s attention? I mean The School Psychology Department’s Annual
    Holiday Party | MSPP Student Voices is a little vanilla. You could look at Yahoo’s home page
    and watch how they create article headlines to get
    viewers to open the links. You might add a related video or a related picture or two to grab
    readers interested about everything’ve written. Just my opinion,
    it would make your posts a little bit more interesting.

6. We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
    Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on.
    You’ve done a formidable task and our whole
    neighborhood will likely be grateful to you.

7. As you might all know 8 Ball Pool by Miniclip is
    the most significant and greatest multiplayer Pool match on-line!
    It gives you the capability to perform for free of charge towards other opponents.
    It’s hard to get cash when you don’t have the 8 Ball ultimate instrument four.3 this is why you will need to have this tool
    to present off in the multiplayer tournaments and can brag with the eight ball final hack four.three you have been able
    to buy all kinds of cues and table pores and skin.
    With this 8 Ball multiplayer cheat you capable to enter the pool store and purchasing everything to customize
    your profile to your eyes. With two clicks you will have Cost-free Miniclip Credits,
    Limitless Free of charge 8 Ball Multiplayer Pool Details, Cost-free eight Ball
    Multiplayer Awards and previous but not least Totally free 8 Ball Pool Multiplayer Accuracy Hack.

You will practically often car-win your 8ball games. With the 8
    Ball Pool Supreme Hack four.three, You will no longer have to invest your whole day attempting to receive all
    achievements or waste your valuable money on pool cues, tables or boosts!
    This eight Ball Multiplayer Hack will conserve you precious time by obtaining all what you desire in one particular click, You will be ready to alter quantity of coins you wish much.
    It offers a lot of functions that no other tools will provide.
    What are you waiting for? Make the most of 8 Ball Pool
    Multiplayer!

8. seo company says:

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!!
    I definitely loved every littyle bit of it.
    I’ve got you saved as a favorite to look at new things you post…

9. Tremendous things here. I’m very happy to look your post.
    Thanks a lot and I’m taking a look ahead to contact you.

Will you kindly drop me a mail?

10. Hi to every one, it’s really a good for me to visit this web site, it contains precious
    Information.

11. Asking questions are really nice thing if you are not understanding something entirely,
    except this article gives pleasant understanding even.

12. As you may possibly all know 8 Ball Pool by Miniclip is
    the biggest and greatest multiplayer Pool match on the internet!
    It provides you the capacity to engage in for free in opposition to other opponents.
    It really is difficult to get coins when you really
    don’t have the eight Ball supreme device 4.3 this is why
    you will need to have this resource to show off in the multiplayer tournaments and can brag with
    the 8 ball supreme hack 4.3 you were capable to buy all sorts
    of cues and table pores and skin. With this eight Ball multiplayer cheat you
    capable to enter the pool shop and acquiring something to customise your profile to your eyes.
    With two clicks you will have Free Miniclip Credits, Limitless Cost-free eight
    Ball Multiplayer Pool Details, Totally free eight Ball Multiplayer Awards and final
    but not least Totally free eight Ball Pool Multiplayer Accuracy
    Hack. You will nearly usually vehicle-acquire your 8ball games.
    With the eight Ball Pool Supreme Hack 4.3, You will no more time have to devote
    your whole working day striving to generate all achievements or waste your useful money on pool cues, tables or boosts!
    This eight Ball Multiplayer Hack will preserve you cherished time by getting all what you want in a single click, You will
    be ready to change quantity of coins you desire far.
    It delivers numerous functions that no other tools will supply.
    What are you waiting for? Make the most of eight Ball Pool Multiplayer!