5 days until Vacation…

It is the time of the year when the glowing holiday lights and cheerful Christmas music make my drive home something to look forward to. Especially as our recent dusting of snow has turned all of the muddy brown landscape into a clean and icy vista.
It is also, however, the time of year when teachers and students are burnt out and everyone is counting down the minutes until the bell rings on Friday at 3 o’clock. It is also the time of year when we remember lost loved ones, feel exhausted by the mere thought of going out in the cold air, and fight the crowds at the mall to pick up that last minute gift.
That being said, there are a few things that always cheer me up no matter what kind of storm cloud is hanging over my head. I’d like to share them with you all and wish you days that are merry & bright:

Kids Give the Darndest Answers

About sthurstonmspp

I am a 28-year-old-School-Psychology-CAGS/PsyD-student. Whew, what a mouthful. Journey and Styx rock my world, and some hardcore volleyball makes it go round n' round. I have spend the past six years working at a school/residential facility for children with emotional and behavioral disorders, and when I tried to quit in order to begin grad school, it just didn't take- I continue to pick up shifts every week so I can see my kids. I am a new homeowner about 40 minutes outside of Boston (another favorite band) with my husband and my 3 year old (rescued) mutt, Maisy. I am going to do my best to invite you inside my thoughts as I continue my grad school career as a simultaneously juggle my full time internship, CAGS classes and begin my journey into the PsyD- enter at your own risk!