Gratitude in action

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of the year, during which we celebrate family, friendship, and we take the time to express our appreciation and gratitude to important members of our communities. One important group we pay homage to are our nations veterans – currently deployed in over 150 countries, and 68,000 service members are risking their lives on our behalf in Afghanistan. While there is no doubt our troops appreciate the pad on the back, I am challenging all of not to limit our gratitude to a mere 5 days a year, i.e., memorial day, veterans day, July 4th, Christmas and Thanksgiving.
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development estimates that over 62,000 veterans are homeless on any given night, and over twice that many experience homelessness during the year. A significant number of homeless veterans are suffering from substance abuse problems, and nearly 900,000 are waiting for their disability claims to be approved by the VA. While they are waiting for the much needed support, and while we pray for our troops to return safely from abroad, there are other things we can do. This includes, but is not limited to visiting our local homeless veteran service providers, involving others to volunteer, participating in local homeless coalitions, or making donations to homeless veteran service providers. I am challenging all of us to demonstrate our gratitude with action!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Gratitude in action

1. youtube.com says:

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to ykur webpage?

My blog is in the very same area of interest as yours and my users would truly
    benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this ok
    wwith you. Appreciate it!

2. It’s nice to see that Thanksgiving is a reminder to the less fortunate and those who have helped to make this country great. It’s a time for family as well. I know history has a different stance but your observation of this holiday is great. I just wish there was less commercialism in the following holiday.. Christmas. It’s another reminder of everything you mention. Reflection on the past, the present and thankful for those in different circumstances. Wonderful observations. Much appreciated.

3. Juѕt want to say your article iss ass surprising.
    Тhе cleaгness ffor youг publish is juѕt сoоl and
    i could think you’re an expert in this subject.
    Well along with уour permission alloω me to seize your feed to stay up
    to date with imminent post. Thank you one million and plеase continue the gratifying work.

4. If it is their product they will probably provide support
    free of charge. So you can see there are standard functionality features that all photography website templates should include, which brings us to
    the layout. Initially you may be overwhelmed by the
    choices in templates for your site.

5. Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification
    appeared to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of.
    I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that they just do not know about.

You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the
    whole thing without having side effect , people can
    take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks