Winter Class and Textual Healing

I just ordered two text books for my next MSPP class titled, “Designing Organizations, Groups, and Teams”.

Yes, class starts tomorrow. “Why did you wait so long to order your books?” you ask. Well, things happen; life happens. But Dr. Elliott, the course professor, is understanding of the fact that it can be difficult to get required texts in time, and he has made accommodations for his students to complete the readings on-line while last-minute orders are en route.

You know, the MSPP program information said that they would keep total text book costs to about $500. That sounded unfathomably low for an entire grad program, but it turns out that their commitment to keeping our text costs low is indeed legit. The two books just cost me a total of $27.06 total, including shipping to Afghanistan. That’s truly remarkable. I know we’ve all paid well over $100 for one text before…usually penned by the professor him/herself. I am pleased to say that for the first time in my higher-academic career, I blissfully feel that I have been taken advantage neither through tuition nor text expenses. Huzzah!

Continuing my preparation for this course, I found that the syllabus is standardized enough for me to recognize it, as it is similar to those I have taken on-line with other institutions, but it integrates richer multi-media that not all schools attempt to offer. For instance, week one features a live broadcast lecture with a guest speaker from a global company that will brief how “change” is perceived in other cultures. That’s pretty dynamic to me. It effectively shatters the static learning to which I became woefully accustomed in my last program at a large, state university.

Very much looking forward to embarking on this 6-week journey with Dr. Elliott and my fellow MSPP on-line learners. Stay tuned for more tidbits and insight about the program.

About jeanc2013

Recently deployed to Afghanistan as a civilian for the US military, specializing in organizational development and communications. Currently seeking my graduate degree in Organizational Psychology through MSPP on the part-time program, with intended graduation in 2015. I'm happy to answer any questions pertaining to my experiences with MSPP, working for the government, or travelingg and living abroad. Please don't be shy!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Winter Class and Textual Healing

1. It’s truly very complicated in this full of activity life to lisen news on TV,
    therefore I simpl use internet for that reason, and obtain
    the newest information.

2. Hi there, just wanted to mention, I enjoyed this blog post.

It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

3. I don’t know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else experiencing issues with your blog.

It seems like some of the written text on your content
    are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and
    let me know if this iss happening to them as well? This
    may be a issue with my interrnet browser because I’ve had this happen previously.
    Appreciate it

4. Exceptional post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic?

I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a
    little bit further. Thanks!

5. Terrific post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further.

Appreciate it!

6. Perfect theme of blog! What’s it called?

7. TJ says:

Greetings,
    Too bad about all the bogus responses to your post………international spam! LOL
    But wanted to say that your post is interesting and inspirational, hope to hear more from you. MSPP is an incredible school and you’re fortunate to be a part of it. Look forward to your next post, and thanks.

8. Quality articles is the crucial to invite the
    visitors to pay a visit the web site, that’s what this web
    page is providing.

9. thank you very much for your posts

10. When someone writes an post he/she maintains the plan of a user in his/her brain that how a
    user can understand it. So that’s why this paragraph is amazing.
    Thanks!