Overlaps and Updrafts

As previously mentioned, myself and another member of my MA/CAGS School Psychology cohort are embarking on an ambitious and perhaps insane attempt to begin our PsyD education while participating in the rigorous third year internship of the CAGS program. This has involved the dedication of our summers and the willingness to go straight from our sites to classes, a condition that requires us to be learning twenty hours a day. Exhausting.
What I can also say, though, is that despite the audible humming of my brain as it works to soak up all the new information and experiences I am exhilarated by this opportunity. I am amazed at what I have learned in the 5 months of PsyD classes and how it has helped to inform my practices at my internship site. While I fully appreciate the education I have earned so far through MSPP, I have taken some very enlightening classes that leave me to wonder how my classmates will go into the world without them.
I realize that we are resigned to a fate of continuing education credits and professional development classes that are supposed to address this deficit and to keep us current on best practices in our field. However, I recognize that even in its early stages, this advanced education is endowing me with a greater set of tools and increasing my ability to be an agent of change in schools. Come take a summer class with me. You’ll see what I mean.

About sthurstonmspp

I am a 28-year-old-School-Psychology-CAGS/PsyD-student. Whew, what a mouthful. Journey and Styx rock my world, and some hardcore volleyball makes it go round n' round. I have spend the past six years working at a school/residential facility for children with emotional and behavioral disorders, and when I tried to quit in order to begin grad school, it just didn't take- I continue to pick up shifts every week so I can see my kids. I am a new homeowner about 40 minutes outside of Boston (another favorite band) with my husband and my 3 year old (rescued) mutt, Maisy. I am going to do my best to invite you inside my thoughts as I continue my grad school career as a simultaneously juggle my full time internship, CAGS classes and begin my journey into the PsyD- enter at your own risk!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Overlaps and Updrafts

1. I got this web site from my friend who shared with me regarding this web page and
    at the moment this time I am visiting this website and
    reading very informative posts at this time.

2. Awesome template of blog! What is the name of it?

3. Foor hottest news you have to go tto see internet and on world-wide-web
    I found this web site as a finest site for nwest updates.

4. Hello there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance
    from an established blog. Is it very difficult to set up your own blog?

I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick.
    I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where to start.
    Do you have any tips or suggestions? Many thanks