From Austin to Boston

Howdy ya’ll!

I’m Bobby from El Paso, Texas. I am a first year student in MSPP’s Forensic and Counseling program, and absolutely love the school and what it stands for. A quick summary of me: born and raised in Texas, I played music all through high school and ended up going to Georgetown University for my undergraduate studies. I double majored in Music and Psychology while at Georgetown, then moved to Austin for two years. While there, I managed a restaurant and played in a garage band. After two years of not becoming a rock star, I had the opportunity to hang out with my infant godson in Nebraska for a couple of months and realized that it was time that I applied for graduate school and started working towards a career in my field of study, which is how I ended up at MSPP (more on that in my next post).

I have a ton to write about with regards to moving up to Massachusetts, the great staff, how much I enjoy my program, and how much I’m enjoying my classes so far. That being said, I think I’m going to be a little more self-centered for this first post. One thing that you’ll probably notice in my posts is that I CONSTANTLY think about music. I’m hoping to include some music in my blog posts in some way. More than likely, I’ll post a video of some music that somehow relates to what I’m writing about in a given week.

Here at MSPP, I’m a full-time student and am about to start my practicum at the Veterans Northeast Outreach Center. I also write a blog for a local jazz club, Regattabar, in Cambridge. I am enjoying pretty much everything about having moved up to Massachusetts, but more than anything, I am so happy to be in such an amazing program.

Song of the week:

(Not too much explaining to do here.)

I’m Shipping Up To Boston – Dropkick Murphys

Baustin