Bike Commute

Today I took my bike on a test ride to gauge the feasibility of biking to my second year internship, and I am extremely happy to say that it is most assuredly feasible and will definitely be my preferred method for transportation.  It is only ten miles each way, so I was not concerned about the distance.  I was concerned about the safety of the route, and if traffic speed and road conditions would allow for the commute.  Fortunately there are only one or two sketchy parts and even in those spots there are enough pedestrians and traffic signals to keep vehicles at slower speeds.  So it should be no surprise that after a school years’ worth of two hour (each way) commutes, I literally felt like jumping up and down and shouting (which I may or may not have done on the side of the road) when I realized I will not even have to get in my car three days a week when my internship starts.  I guess I have a pretty good jump on my self-care for the coming school year.

This entry was posted in Primary Care Psychology, Veterans and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Bike Commute

1. Dodo says:

Good day! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless
    I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe
    guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My blog covers a lot of the same
    subjects as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit
    from each other. If you’re interested feel free to shoot
    me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Awesome blog by
    the way!

2. Greg Smith says:

So you are bike rider and want enjoy your rides with your friends.I am also adventure lover and spending my most of the part time with my Yamaha Rhino 350 ATV riding with my friends.It feels awesome .

3. Do-My-Homework.org can help you with any homework Homework schedule can also be said as a homework checklist which would allow you to be on track when it comes to completing your homework and on time.

4. CI says:

My bike is actually broken… Unfortunately.

5. Thanks for this post. How much you can spend, then think about the look and seem you want. inquire yourself if style trumps performance, proposes Fallows. This can help you conclude if you’d rather ride a simple aluminum border or a fancy carbon-fiber steed. furthermore, take your environment into concern. If bikes are prone to theft in your locality, it may be better to purchase a not-so-beautiful bike so you don’t have to concern about being chained outside

6. Alik says:

I’m on the bike is not ridden a long time ago, but in the near future, I intend to bring my car back in working order after a long stagnation :) and I’m curious whether the 10 miles I can do popedałować, Regards