Job Hunting!

Now that I know I passed my Capstone course (Woo-hoo!!!), Graduation is pretty much a sure thing. But just as soon as the cortisol levels started to come back down to Earth, here I go spiking them back up again. It’s time for me to find work with my soon-to-be graduated self.

Much to my delight, there are a number of opportunities that *don’t* require one to be licensed in order to be eligible for the position shortly after graduation. At first I was finding several repeats of very similar work, but once I expanded my search to multiple employment sites online, other choices started popping up. While there are but 2 weeks before Graduation and I’ve still not identified gainful employment, 2 things come to mind: 1) If I don’t start my new job the very first day after graduating, well, that’s actually quite alright! 2) The more jobs I apply to, the greater the chances of someone getting their hands on my resume who might be interested in my skills. So I’m taking a chance to apply to a few things that maybe aren’t exactly what I have in mind but perhaps they will be the first steps on a path towards what would be ideal.

Here’s to being hopeful!

About abrigovmspp

Hi! My name is Valerie. I am in my 2nd year of the MA Counseling program at MSPP. I am also a student in the Latino Mental Health Program. I am originally from the New York City area and I transplanted to MA to study for my Masters. I look forward to writing and sharing my adventures throughout the semester.

4 Responses to Job Hunting!

1. Hey congrates for your graduation!! In which subject you have done your gradution and what’s your future plan ??

2. mike smith says:

thanks for the information , i like it and it was usefull for me.
    thanks alot , and keep going , cus wee need things like that

quotes for facebook 

3. adi28 says:

nice info and good job

4. Thank you very much for this blog. It is indeed very inspiring.