Encouragement

photo (32)There are some days that just lift you up and away with good feelings, and Wednesday was one of those days.

It was my last day at my current job, so that I can have a few weeks to focus on packing and getting field work and thesis work done before our big move. I turned in my notice at the beginning of the month, trained my replacement, and it was my last day at [hopefully] my last part-time job that’s unrelated to my field. So, this office full of male engineers and one sweet Human Resources girl coordinated a surprise going away party for me. There was pizza and a cookie cake and a sweet card. In addition, it was Administrative Professional’s Day, so the boss had flowers delivered for us. Pretty, cheerful flowers.

And to make the day even better, my current professor said the most encouraging things to me. He’s been saying the kindest things regarding how much my writing has changed over the past few weeks, but he made it a point to stop me from thanking him yesterday, and he said that they weren’t just kind words; they were well-deserved accolades. If that’s not a good morale booster, I’m not sure what is. I’m thankful for his support and encouragement and that just may have been the boost I needed to give my best to the last few classes we have and my Capstone project. MSPP is full of good people and I’m glad to be able to experience it.

About jackieqmspp

I'm Jackie, a MSPP Higher Education online student. I recently graduated from Roberts Wesleyan College just outside of Rochester, NY and I live in Spencerport, NY with my best friend/husband/boy-roommate and no pets or babies just yet, thank the Lord. I'm into crafting, reading, frozen brownie batter, twinkle lights, and spending time with my cute new husband. I currently hold down 2 part-time jobs, but am looking to get into Student Affairs once I complete the HESPA program. Working with college students is my passion, because it feels more like playing, and I'm looking forward to developing my career in Higher Education.

One Response to Encouragement

1. Moving Man says:

Keeping the good feelings always is a good start.