The Start of My Career

So the end result of that crazy job search is Dallas, Texas. I got offered a job working for a company that manages residence halls at colleges across the nation and it just so happens that they wanted me to work at the University of Texas at Dallas! Iaccepted that job on the first day of April and now I’m going to start my career in Richardson, Texas, with my husband by my side.

I’m elated. As you guys know, my Master’s degree [that I'll complete in August] is in Higher Education, focusing on Student Affairs. I’m passionate about Residence Life and I think that it’s something I’m going to be really good at. This is a really good move to get my foot in the door and I cannot wait to start my career.

About jackieqmspp

I'm Jackie, a MSPP Higher Education online student. I recently graduated from Roberts Wesleyan College just outside of Rochester, NY and I live in Spencerport, NY with my best friend/husband/boy-roommate and no pets or babies just yet, thank the Lord. I'm into crafting, reading, frozen brownie batter, twinkle lights, and spending time with my cute new husband. I currently hold down 2 part-time jobs, but am looking to get into Student Affairs once I complete the HESPA program. Working with college students is my passion, because it feels more like playing, and I'm looking forward to developing my career in Higher Education.

5 Responses to The Start of My Career

1. Pretty section oof content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert thbat I acquire actually
    enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even
    I achievement yoou access consistently quickly.

2. mycoralie.De says:

Everyone loves whazt you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the wonderful works guys I’ve you guys to blogroll.

3. Hi there! I realize this is kind of off-topic but
    I had to ask. Does building a well-established website such as yours take a massive amount work?
    I am completely new to writing a blog however I do write in my journal daily.
    I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!

4. Blog says:

I am in fact glad to read this webpage posts which contains
    plenty of helpful facts, thanks for providing these statistics.

5. Susanne says:

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to
    my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and
    screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and
    it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
    LoL I know this is completely off topic but
    I had to tell someone!