Excited-Tired

Is that a real thing? I’m not sure! But it sure feels like a real thing when I’ve been awake so late that now the birds are keeping my eyes open…

No, I’m not doing a good job of self-care this evening. But being awake at this ridiculous hour has just produced the final version of my first, “first real job” cover letter! Unsuspecting faculty members will wonder why they have an email from yours truly at about 2:30 in the morning. It’s just a plea for a small chunk of their time to review this first of many cover letters that are sure to be produced in the coming weeks before graduation. 

The neat thing about writing the cover letters at this phase of my career is that since classes are nearly finished, I have a better sense of where my passions and interests are. After working with Tricia in Career Services and meeting with my advisor to “plan life,” the future feels less foreboding. It’s also nice to take advantage of a small head start on the job hunt now before we are all graduated. MSPP has set up the Counseling program so that we are highly desirable candidates for our future employers. Now it’s time to put it all to the test!

About abrigovmspp

Hi! My name is Valerie. I am in my 2nd year of the MA Counseling program at MSPP. I am also a student in the Latino Mental Health Program. I am originally from the New York City area and I transplanted to MA to study for my Masters. I look forward to writing and sharing my adventures throughout the semester.

One Response to Excited-Tired

1. hei, good luck with your “first real job” :)