How It’s Done

When I consider the vast amount of different tasks I had to accomplish over the past week, I wonder how in the world I did it (okay, so maybe a couple items on the to-do list still need to be checked off).  Between transcribing mock session video, fulfilling Train Vets obligations, participating in interview day, and having Drill at my Army Reserve unit on Saturday and Sunday, not to mention practicum and normal coursework/readings, I am so completed drained that I only put half a tank of gas in my car because I was too tired to stand there and wait for the tank to fill.

It seems that each week is some variation on the above theme, and I constantly find myself asking the question “how do we (my peers and I) do it?”  The answer, I have come to believe, is the passion for what we are doing.  In every aspect of life here at MSPP I see, both, students and staff that are incredibly devoted to the mental health field, the school, and each other.  As I learn and grow as a student-clinician, as well as seeing the Train Vets program grow in scope and accomplishment, I am reaffirmed, every day, that MSPP is where I belong and were I will best attain the tools needed to be the most effective counselor I can be.

This entry was posted in Experiential Education, Personal Growth, Primary Care Psychology, Social Responsibility, Veterans. Bookmark the permalink.