Happy Women’s History Month!

In honor of Women’s History Month, MSPP is putting on a production of Eve Ensler’s A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant, and A Prayer. My friend and SCC Co-Chair Erika and I are organizing and running the event, an experience that has, thus far, been incredibly inspiring and exciting. As part of advertising for MMRP, Erika and I had been asked to provide quotes regarding our thoughts on the issue of gender-based injustices and female empowerment. Today I wanted to share the message that Erika had provided:

The strength of a woman is silenced within our culture. Many of us have become powerful from our struggles, but we are shamed into believing that our victories claimed do not benefit everyone; they are unceremonious occasions. MMRP shatters this dogma by injecting the vulgar truth into the minds of all who are brave enough to bare witness to these poetic proclamations of womanhood. I am honored to embody this passion each year, through performance and directing. Every year that the MSPP community produces MMRP we send the message that we believe every woman should be safe to share her story, that violence and the systematic oppression of women is intolerable and that this is not a secret. I would like to honor the uncelebrated victories of every woman this month.”

Happy Women’s History Month. <3

About sdmosaligantimspp

Originally from Washington, DC, I'm a second-year Clinical Psych. doctoral (PsyD) candidate. I earned my BA from Boston College and my MS in Psychology from Boston University, where I served as PI of a study that explored the relationship between social-category language and stereotypes. I work as a Peer Supervisor for Boston Area Rape Crisis Center and at MSPP, I serve as Co-Chair of the Gender Equality Committee. I like comedy, especially The Onion, and animals, and I live in Allston with five absurd roommates.

2 Responses to Happy Women’s History Month!

1. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However I am going through troubles with your RSS.
    I don’t know why I am unable to join it. Is there anyone else
    having identical RSS issues? Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond?
    Thanks!!

2. Pingback: YoTrip Asks Five Questions Of “Women You Should Know” | YoTrip-Words and Thoughts