I Like School Work in June. How about You?

Today was the first day of registration for summer classes. I signed up for Clinical Practice of Psychodynamic Theory and Positive Psychology for summer session I, official confirmation that I won’t be able go with my college friends on their ridiculous Europe vacation. :( But whatever. I get a kick out of summer classes; although the material is more dense due to the time constraints, the atmosphere on-campus feels lighter and more carefree, and you sorta develop these “summer” bonds among fellow classmates.

Maybe I’m just all set with winter. When I go outside, I feel like I’ve entered this weird void filled with piles of grey-ish snow and lost gloves on sidewalks and COLDNESS that I have to get through in order to make it to the indoor world. I can’t wait until the outdoors is no longer some place I have to “get through,” but is the actual destination. Yep, bring on the Boston summer with its outdoor reading, dog-walking, strolls, ice coffees, and heck, summer classes too.

And because I also like New York in June… here’s a little dose of “classic” to put a smile on your face: :)

About sdmosaligantimspp

Originally from Washington, DC, I'm a second-year Clinical Psych. doctoral (PsyD) candidate. I earned my BA from Boston College and my MS in Psychology from Boston University, where I served as PI of a study that explored the relationship between social-category language and stereotypes. I work as a Peer Supervisor for Boston Area Rape Crisis Center and at MSPP, I serve as Co-Chair of the Gender Equality Committee. I like comedy, especially The Onion, and animals, and I live in Allston with five absurd roommates.
This entry was posted in Around Boston, Clinical PsyD. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to I Like School Work in June. How about You?

1. I would like to show some thanks to you just for bailing me out of such a difficulty. Right after browsing throughout the search engines and coming across advice that were not productive, I assumed my life was over. Existing without the presence of answers to the problems you have fixed all through the site is a serious case, and the ones that would have in a negative way damaged my career if I had not discovered your site. Your actual skills and kindness in touching every item was valuable. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I had not discovered such a solution like this. I’m able to at this time look forward to my future. Thanks for your time so much for your specialized and results-oriented guide. I will not be reluctant to propose the blog to any individual who requires recommendations about this area