Home Again

After a whirlwind of six days, I’m finally home again. Glory glory hallelujah, I don’t have to sit in a car again for at least 36 hours.

As I mentioned last week, I attended the Southern Placement Exchange in Memphis, Tennessee last week. It’s a job fair for Student Affairs professionals, mostly Residence Life positions. I think it went really well, but I’ll get to that next post.

For now, I need to recover from the 35 hours of driving my husband and I did there and back. Thankfully, my current professor gave me an extension on last week’s paper so that I didn’t have to worry about it while traveling and attending the conference, but I have to get to that tonight. There’s unpacking to do, and I’m excited to make something healthy for dinner instead of the pounds of fast food, Doritos, and sour gummy worms that we ate all week. 

I’m so incredibly thankful for the experience that I had. I’m generally a confident person, outgoing, and excited to talk to people, but going into a professional job fair like this, with 13 interviews to rock, I was pretty nervous. Thankfully, the right words just came out of my mouth and I met some really nice people. My husband and I had a lot of fun exploring a new city and even the driving itself was fun, minus the fact that my butt kept falling asleep. Job hunting is a stressful experience, but doing it with the support of my wonderful best friend makes it tolerable. 

Like I said, I’ll be back later this week with news about the Southern Placement Exchange itself, my interviews, and all of that professional stuff, but for now, it’s to-do list time.

Image

About jackieqmspp

I'm Jackie, a MSPP Higher Education online student. I recently graduated from Roberts Wesleyan College just outside of Rochester, NY and I live in Spencerport, NY with my best friend/husband/boy-roommate and no pets or babies just yet, thank the Lord. I'm into crafting, reading, frozen brownie batter, twinkle lights, and spending time with my cute new husband. I currently hold down 2 part-time jobs, but am looking to get into Student Affairs once I complete the HESPA program. Working with college students is my passion, because it feels more like playing, and I'm looking forward to developing my career in Higher Education.

One Response to Home Again

1. Pingback: I Would Like to Work for You | MSPP Student Voices