Road trip!

As of tomorrow at 3:30, my husband and I will be on a road trip. We’re headed to Memphis, Tennessee so that I can attend the Southern Placement Exchange, a job fair for Higher Education.

Memphis is 17 hours from here, so we’re driving to Akron, Ohio first to spend the night at a family friend’s and then we will be on our way early Thursday morning. We have some books on tape for the ride and we’re big fans of the game 20 Questions, so I think it’s going to be manageable. We’ll have road trip snacks as well, of course. Sour gummy worms all the way.

I have seven interviews lined up so far, so there’s a lot at stake at this exchange. I’m excited for the possibilities, but a little anxious too, to be honest. I’m a confident person and usually at ease during interviews, but this is my career we’re talking about. Not just working at a pizza shop 15 hours a week, but a real, professional career. I’m spending the night researching these positions and their institutions, and getting my interview questions ready.  Hopefully by the time my first interview comes around on Friday, I’m more than ready to tackle it with poise. 

I’ll be back on Thursday or Friday, but with most of my attention on SPE, I can’t promise too much. Wish me luck!

About jackieqmspp

I'm Jackie, a MSPP Higher Education online student. I recently graduated from Roberts Wesleyan College just outside of Rochester, NY and I live in Spencerport, NY with my best friend/husband/boy-roommate and no pets or babies just yet, thank the Lord. I'm into crafting, reading, frozen brownie batter, twinkle lights, and spending time with my cute new husband. I currently hold down 2 part-time jobs, but am looking to get into Student Affairs once I complete the HESPA program. Working with college students is my passion, because it feels more like playing, and I'm looking forward to developing my career in Higher Education.