All Things Love

Image

Valentine’s Day is another one of those things that you either love or you hate. You’re either looking forward to tomorrow and all of those fuzzy feelings it will bring or you’re stocking up on liquor and horror movies in an effort to hide away and forget about anything having to do with romance.

It doesn’t have to be like that, though. V-day is meant for romance, but I like to look at it as a day of love. Whether you have a romantic partner or not, I am confident in saying that there is someone in your life that you love. You have a dog in your life, or a mom, a brother, a neighbor, a best friend from elementary school. Someone that you can’t imagine your life without and are thankful for their presence.

I say tell them! That heart banner up there was made by me during a night of Bachelor watching and listening to my loves, Mumford & Sons. Right after I made a few for our walls, I whipped up a few for some girlfriends and one for my little sister, and the next day lovingly packaged them with a little note and sent them on their way. Every single girl texted me when they got their package, saying that it made their day to get a note and a cute decoration that I put my time and hard work into. Do you think I would have gotten the same reaction if I had made one for my husband? He would have taken it out of the box and said “Oh. Hearts. Thanks”. Boys don’t get it.

The point of tomorrow is not to spend money on fancy dinners and roses and chocolate, it’s to remind people that we love them. For me, that means sending a note to my mom, washing the dishes for my husband even though that’s his chore, and calling my dad to tell him that I love him. It doesn’t have to be a grand gesture or cost a week’s paycheck, it just has to have love behind it. Take Valentine’s Day to make the people in your life feel loved.

About jackieqmspp

I'm Jackie, a MSPP Higher Education online student. I recently graduated from Roberts Wesleyan College just outside of Rochester, NY and I live in Spencerport, NY with my best friend/husband/boy-roommate and no pets or babies just yet, thank the Lord. I'm into crafting, reading, frozen brownie batter, twinkle lights, and spending time with my cute new husband. I currently hold down 2 part-time jobs, but am looking to get into Student Affairs once I complete the HESPA program. Working with college students is my passion, because it feels more like playing, and I'm looking forward to developing my career in Higher Education.