Peppermint Hot Chocolate

I don’t have anything ground breaking for you today because it’s a snow day in this house. I already had the day off and am planning to be productive, but my husband called in to his internship so he wouldn’t have to drive in the crazy snow we got overnight.

In between homework, job applications and maybe one movie if my husband is persuasive enough, I plan to make some peppermint hot chocolate. If you’re trying to keep warm on this winter day as well, you should try this for yourself!

Peppermint Hot Chocolate (recipe from The Food Network):

Picture of Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 3 drops peppermint oil
  • Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
  • Chocolate shavings, for garnish

Directions

In a saucepan, combine the cream, milk, sugar, and salt and heat over medium-low heat. When the cream mixture just begins to steam, add the chopped chocolate, and stir, until melted. Stir in the peppermint oil. Divide the hot chocolate among mugs and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

If you don’t have heavy cream or peppermint oil in your house, just make instant hot cocoa with milk instead of water and add a leftover candy cane from Christmas. It tastes almost as delicious.

Happy Snow Day!

About jackieqmspp

I'm Jackie, a MSPP Higher Education online student. I recently graduated from Roberts Wesleyan College just outside of Rochester, NY and I live in Spencerport, NY with my best friend/husband/boy-roommate and no pets or babies just yet, thank the Lord. I'm into crafting, reading, frozen brownie batter, twinkle lights, and spending time with my cute new husband. I currently hold down 2 part-time jobs, but am looking to get into Student Affairs once I complete the HESPA program. Working with college students is my passion, because it feels more like playing, and I'm looking forward to developing my career in Higher Education.

One Response to Peppermint Hot Chocolate

1. Jenna says:

OMG!! Thank you sooooo much for the recipe, it’s a mouthwatering choccy dish :D