mornings

Imagefrom here

I thought I’d never say this, but early mornings are my thing now.

In my undergrad years (ahem, last year), I loved sleeping in and savored every single second of sleep that I could get. Now that I’m older and more mature, I don’t love sleep any less, I just love being awake a little bit more. This doesn’t mean that I’m up before sunrise like my crazy mother, but I feel that 8 am is a respectable rising time on the days that I don’t have to work until later.

I get up, put some coffee on (and some biscuits in the oven, if my husband is lucky), and I start my day slowly. I open the blinds and let the sunshine in as I take some time to journal, get some menial tasks done, and then get right down to my to-do list. There’s something to be said for not wasting the day away, although every time my dad said that when I was in high school, I wanted to punch him.

In this new year, I’m not striving for any major changes because I like where I’m at in life right now, but this resolution is one that I can get into. Get up and go. Start your day. Make the most of the life that you have.

About jackieqmspp

I'm Jackie, a MSPP Higher Education online student. I recently graduated from Roberts Wesleyan College just outside of Rochester, NY and I live in Spencerport, NY with my best friend/husband/boy-roommate and no pets or babies just yet, thank the Lord. I'm into crafting, reading, frozen brownie batter, twinkle lights, and spending time with my cute new husband. I currently hold down 2 part-time jobs, but am looking to get into Student Affairs once I complete the HESPA program. Working with college students is my passion, because it feels more like playing, and I'm looking forward to developing my career in Higher Education.