Through the looking glass

The setup was familiar; groups of tables dotted with green folders, anxious faces with screwed on smiles, and the inevitable variation of outfits that occurs when young, not-quite-professionals dress to impress. Though the laughter was initially forced and the smiles tight, it took less than ten minutes for the cheeks to relax into genuine expression, and voices to return to their natural timbres.
Interview day felt different, now that I am sitting on the other side of the table. While I can acutely remember my own experience last year, I wonder if the applicant pool was as excited and invigorating as this year’s. Introductions was one of the first activities, and in listening to everybody’s story I was impressed by the range of experience and depth of talent that MSPP attracts. I am already curious to see which faces will be joining us in the fall!

About sthurstonmspp

I am a 28-year-old-School-Psychology-CAGS/PsyD-student. Whew, what a mouthful. Journey and Styx rock my world, and some hardcore volleyball makes it go round n' round. I have spend the past six years working at a school/residential facility for children with emotional and behavioral disorders, and when I tried to quit in order to begin grad school, it just didn't take- I continue to pick up shifts every week so I can see my kids. I am a new homeowner about 40 minutes outside of Boston (another favorite band) with my husband and my 3 year old (rescued) mutt, Maisy. I am going to do my best to invite you inside my thoughts as I continue my grad school career as a simultaneously juggle my full time internship, CAGS classes and begin my journey into the PsyD- enter at your own risk!