Female Serial Killers

I was having a bit of a tough time trying to figure out what I should blog about this time around. Mostly I feel like I sound like a broken record. I end up writing about practicum, school, Arizona, or being super busy. So, I wanted to give you something fun! Of course, in order to do that, I turned to Google. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find anything that really caught my eye. Then… I went to Mental Floss!

When I typed “forensic psychology” into their search bar I didn’t expect to find much. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised! The first thing that popped up was the article: “8 Prolific Female Serial Killers.” How could you go wrong with that?!

The leading ladies are… *drum roll*

1. Delphine LaLaurie – Estimated body count: At least 10 (but possibly as many as 90)

Delphine LaLaurie

2. Juana “La Mataviejitas” Barraza – Estimated body count: At least 10 (but possibly as many as 40)

Juana Barraza

3. Amelia “The Baby Farmer” Dyer – Estimated body count: 6 out of 12 babies that were found by police were confirmed victims of Amelia Dyer (but possibly as many as 50)

Amelia Dyer

4. Marie Noe – Estimated body count: 8

Marie Noe

5. Aileen Wuornos – Estimated body count: 7

Aileen Wuornos

6. Belle Gunness – Estimated body count: 40

Belle Gunness

7. Delfina and Maria de Jesus Gonzales – Estimated body count: 91 (80 women and 11 men)

Delfina and Maria de Jesus Gonzales

8. Enriqueta “The Vampire of Barcelona” Marti – Estimated body count: at least 12

Enriqueta Marti

To get their full stories, check out: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/20217

About jgarciamspp

Hello! My name is Jessica Garcia. I am an Arizona native and have moved to the greater Boston area to attend graduate school at MSPP. I graduated, summa cum laude, from Arizona State University (the Barrett Honors College). I received my Bachelor of Science in Psychology. I am currently a 1st year Clinical PsyD student, doing my practicum at FMC Devens. On a more personal note, I love music, theater, reading, learning new languages, and my little dog.
This entry was posted in Forensic Psychology and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Female Serial Killers

1. Pingback: Turkishplace

2. Thought some of the more recognised names would pop up here. But many actually seem from many years ago and yet we think the world is becoming a more violent place!

3. Jessica Garcia says:

Mike,

It is fairly intense. However, I thought I would point out what most people believe to be an anomaly- female serial killers.

-J

4. We couldn’t go in, we could just stand on the street and look up at the balcony where the slave allegedly jumped to her death and the tour guide pointed to the attic area where the bodies were allegedly found. It was pretty creepy. He was a great storyteller, so at the time I wasn’t sure how true all the stories were.

5. Jessica Garcia says:

No kidding? That must have been amazing! What was it like?

6. I took a ghost tour of New Orleans several years ago (before the hurricane) and they showed us that house where Delphine LaLaurie lived. Creepy!

7. mike says:

this kind of creeps me out

8. tepozzt says:

Thanks for another wonderful post. Where else may just anyone get that kind of info in such an ideal method of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I’m on the look for such info.

9. doesn’t make sense these mother kill.. but it really happended