Where have all the leaves gone?

We’ve now all experienced the not-so-great feeling of driving home at 5:00 (or later for many of us) and having it already be dark. What’s up with that? Thankfully, there are lots of indoor events around Boston to get you out of the cold weather.

The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston often has cool events, from First Fridays (Join us in the Koch Gallery for fine art, live music, cash bars featuring signature cocktails, and delicious tapas available for purchase) to interesting movies to some pretty cool musicians/bands traveling through. Tonight, I’m going to a spoken word/musical performance by Kristin Hersh of Throwing Muses fame.

The Enormous Room in Cambridge is currently under renovation, but in 2012, they will begin with another “Four Stories” season. “The Idea: to bring writers and readers, intellectuals and club-goers, friends and interested people together in a more upscale environment than a bookstore, to think, drink, eat, talk, laugh, hear stories, trade tales. It’s simple, amusing, thought-provoking, and free for entry.”

If you like being active in the snow, the Weston Ski Track offers cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. It’s relatively close to MSPP and a great way to get on skis without driving for hours. Though if it’s good skiing you’re after, I recommend Stowe, Vermont. I am a Colorado girl, though I try not to be a ski-snob. I have had many a terrific day on the mountain, but one last year at Stowe rivaled the best of them.

And nothing can beat meeting friends for hot chocolate, or snuggling under blankets to read or watch a movie. So much to look forward to!

About mmosesmspp

I am a third year PsyD student interested in working with children, adolescents, and families, especially those affected by trauma. I'm originally from Colorado. Although I miss the mountains and the activities that go along with them, I fell in love with Boston upon moving here five years ago. I initially came east to study creative writing, completing a memoir about my experience volunteering in the Peace Corps in Lesotho. I am an avid runner, yoga practitioner, and lover of food. I love trying new things and used to be obsessed with finding and attending each and every cool thing that happened in Boston. Now my days and nights are filled with internship responsibilities and coursework - and I couldn't be happier.
This entry was posted in Around Boston. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Where have all the leaves gone?

1. Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?

I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on.
    Any recommendations?

2. These are actuallyy fantastic ideas in about blogging.
    You have touchyed some nice factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.

3. Mary says:

Life is what you make of it. If you have a positive attitude and look for the good in everything then you will only find good things.
    Mary

4. Bệnh Gout says:

hello, now i have a research about gout, my blog http://benhgout.com, i hope every one can be share ur experiences about gout

5. Turjo Ahmed says:

hey mmosesmspp
    you are too cute .:) and thnx for sharing the post with us Discount golf

6. DMT800RHS says:

I bought this dishwasher on Amazon and have owned it for a few months now. It’s quiet, cleans my dishes wonderfully and hasn’t given me any trouble at all.

Webmaster of DMT800RHS .

7. cure-gout says:

I agree with you to some extent. Good and fantastic blog. I am interested very much in
    such publications and sure will keep visiting your blog to check your
    messages and news as well.

check out this review.
    how to cure gout naturally

8. I agree with you to some extent. Good and fantastic blog. I am interested very much in such publications and sure will keep visiting your blog to check your messages and news as well.

Webmaster of HP Colour LaserJet CP2025DN Printer.

The road to success is always under construction. — Lily Tomlin

9. I love winter and the snow. Not been to Stowe but skied along in America and once in Canada. Now we are based in the French Alpes. Yet to try snow shoeing or cross country skiing.

10. gout cure says:

Thanks might just have to get out skiing.

11. curly says:

Thanks, loved reading your blog. Meeting up with friends and spending a quality time with them is always fun.

12. John says:

Hello, I see the spammers looking for links have found your blog.

13. It’s hard when the days draw in, but getting outside to play in the snow is a great way to beat the winter blah’s, especially when you have a new pair of Women’s Ski Goggles to keep your face warm

14. cure gout naturally says:

I found this article very inspiring and gives a good message to keep
    your head up and stay positive.
    Thanks a ton for all of this. It is a great guide!
    check out this cure gout naturally review.
    cure gout naturally http://www.goodforyou.biz/cure-gout.html

15. Robert says:

Nice blog! Very interesting… More powers to you!

16. I simply loved reading your blog. Meeting up with friends and spending a quality time with them is always fun.

17. Mhedi says:

Hi mmosesmspp,

Very interesting, I like musical gathering. will come definitely.

thanks for sharing.

regards,
    Mhedi