The Murtaugh List

Do you know what a Murtaugh List is? No? The concept, of course, comes from a How I Met Your Mother episode. Educate yourself here.

The List gets its name from veteran detective Roger Murtaugh, Danny Glover’s character from the “Lethal Weapon” movies. Fans of those movies know Detective Murtaugh’s oft-repeated, signature line: “I’m getting too old for this sh*t.” So a Murtaugh List, then, is composed of sh*t you are getting too old for.

Most of the items on my Murtaugh list involve various forms of clubbing, precarious footwear, and the new genre of insidious cartoons that have spawned over the past 5 years (anybody else miss Ducktales?)

The Epic Detective

Now, however, I have a few school related items to add:

1. Cram for an exam
  2. Stay up all night to do work
  3. Wig out for a test
  4. Be self conscious about wearing my slippers to class

It’s been nice to do school as an adult. I’m not pretending there aren’t moments of stress, but overall I’d have to say school, itself, is not going on the list. You’re never too old to learn new tricks.

About sthurstonmspp

I am a 28-year-old-School-Psychology-CAGS/PsyD-student. Whew, what a mouthful. Journey and Styx rock my world, and some hardcore volleyball makes it go round n' round. I have spend the past six years working at a school/residential facility for children with emotional and behavioral disorders, and when I tried to quit in order to begin grad school, it just didn't take- I continue to pick up shifts every week so I can see my kids. I am a new homeowner about 40 minutes outside of Boston (another favorite band) with my husband and my 3 year old (rescued) mutt, Maisy. I am going to do my best to invite you inside my thoughts as I continue my grad school career as a simultaneously juggle my full time internship, CAGS classes and begin my journey into the PsyD- enter at your own risk!
This entry was posted in Applying to MSPP, Personal Growth, School Psychology. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to The Murtaugh List

1. source says:

Re: Whoever created the remark that this was a great website truly needs to get their head reviewed.

2. I love it!! Starting my Murtaugh list today. It will be right next to my bucket list.

3. This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me. Thanks!

4. Tonny says:

Totally, Agree with this.

5. You share nice Murtaugh List. I love Roger Murtaugh and his episodes. Thanks for share.

6. cure says:

Great tips from you. They are all work so well to me.
    Nice post.Thank you for taking the time to publish this information.

check out this review.
    how to cure gout naturally

7. Matt says:

i was thinking about Murtaugh list, and i think it is so silly..but when time goes by, i realize and start once mine….btw, i watch lethal weapon too, firstly im not realize if its him..but when i see the movie again..yeah he is a great actor..

8. Spy EyeClops Night Vision Infrared Stealth Goggles Review says:

These goggles are awesome! I am an adult and I have never had so much fun. I ordered some for a camping trip and we had such a blast.

Webmaster of Spy EyeClops Night Vision Infrared Stealth Goggles Review.

It is a wise father that knows his own child.– William Shakespeare

9. Here is some precarious footwear for Murtaugh to definitively be too old for…
    keywordBordello by Pleaser shoes and boots.

10. I agree with the drinking comment from above. Used to handle it better when I was young. Definitely goes on my Murtaugh List.

11. Your site is great, but I juice at least once a day as I primarily eat raw foods. I can’t imagine anyone not loving this unit. Ease of use and fit and finish is perfect.

Webmaster of Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor.

Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. – opening line from Anna Karenina. — Leo Tolstoy

12. This is a great resource. Good article.Important and numerous information. Thank you.

Webmaster of Lelo Elise Personal Massager, Black

Sex is one of the nine reasons for reincarnation. The other eight are unimportant. — Henry Miller

13. I am truly impressed with this site. A feature that I particularly enjoy is the good content. Thank you.

Webmaster of Spy Net Night Vision Goggles.

A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life. — James Allen

14. I agree with you to some extent. Good and fantastic blog. I am interested very much in such publications and sure will keep visiting your blog to check your messages and news as well.

Webmaster of HP Colour LaserJet CP2025DN Printer.

The road to success is always under construction. — Lily Tomlin

15. I miss Lethal Weapon

16. Brilliant. I have a long Murtaugh list which includes..
    1. falling off horses
    2. going to very loud rock concerts
    3. drinking 3 different types of liquor in one night

17. I love that you’ve added that you’re too old to be selfconscious about wearing slippers to class. Classic. Its cool that as we grow older we worry less about what people think about us.

18. ha ha ha, love the idea of a Murtaugh list. There are so many, but skatecycles ain’t one of them.

19. I am 47, and I think I’m getting too old for: Understanding all the subtle functions and buttons into my Facebook account. Understanding what the he** they see in Lady Gaga. Besides, I would never, ever, try to get over those street surfin’ new skateboards, because I can’t figure how they manage to stay there over just two wheels! :-)

20. Will Kelly says:

As a fan of both Lethal weapon and How I Met Your Mother, I loved that episode.

21. Detective Roger Murtaugh is the prototype of American cop about to retire. This is the legendary character played by Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon (in the first, second, third, fourth …).
    For this great man was a fitting tribute in episode 19 of the fourth season of How I Met Your Mother.
    Have not you seen?
    Do not know what I mean? Remember to change the pacemaker battery tonight and read on. This is your post.

22. You are absolutely right! he is a real good actor, one of my favorites! Especially Lethal Weapon is a nice movie

23. prasanna047 says:

i love this actor ,he is good in drama an crime movies