Hussle Bussle

My word. Boston is quite the busy city, and not to mention all of the rain! Living next to the coast doesn’t help either, but I’ve never had so much rain before. Idaho is pretty dry in comparison to this.

This has been such a time of change. I don’t have a car here, so I’m completely at the mercy of public transportation, which is such an experience as it is. I was so proud of myself the first day of classes when I got from the house to school all on my own. I am starting to get used to walking, walking, walking. I actually feel a lot more refreshed and healthy since I’ve started all of this walking.

Now, on to classes. After my last graduate school experience, I was shocked at how kind and helpful EVERYONE is at MSPP. My professors are really understanding of the fact that we all have a lot going on, between classes, homework, practicum, and practicing self care. And how well they emphasize the importance of taking care of yourself! I feel so capable of succeeding in this program and I am so excited to start my practicum and what the continuation of this program will mean for me as a person, my education, and my future career.

About spitchermspp

I'm living in the Boston area and going to Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology to get my Masters in Counseling Psychology. I moved to Boston from Nampa, ID where I've spent most of my life. I'm married to the love of my life and best friend, Keith. I've spent time working in the mental health care field and am ready to get my Masters so that I can work hopefully somewhere in Community Mental Health. I'm so excited to start this journey and am very optimistic about where it will take me! I love going for walks with friends, drinking mass amounts of coffee, baking and cooking, spending time with family, watching movies, and dying/cutting/doing crazy things with my hair (I think I'm a hair-o-holic! haha). This blog is basically an account of my journey and I hope that you enjoy the tales from this journey!
This entry was posted in Around Boston, Counseling Psychology, Personal Growth and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Hussle Bussle

1. James says:

Practical information about completely at the mercy of public transportation. Brief and Straightforward Guide and tips about completely at the mercy of public transportation.