April Showers Bring May Flowers

Today is raining. I drove home from my morning classes in a thunderstorm and it is only in the low 40s, so my house is chilly.  Last week’s snow has washed away and my mood basically matches the weather.  I want to take a nap, but I need to power through the rest of my afternoon and be productive.  In just one short week I will be presenting my Capstone project!  Although I’ve given my presentation a lot of thought, I have not created my PowerPoint and even though I have a full week, I feel as though I am procrastinating.  I still need to attend my internship 3 days this week and I’m babysitting on Saturday, so realistically I do not have ample free time.

Amazingly, I have written a full rough draft of my Capstone paper—a whopping 75 pages without my references, which means I need to edit down.  I feel EXTREMELY relieved that I have the bulk of this project completed, and I will feel even that much better once my presentation is out of the way next Monday!  I heard that some of the professors who do not teach classes during my Capstone course attend different students’ presentations, so I definitely want to be prepared in case I have any visitors.  The thought of spectators makes me nervous, but I suppose it will give me that extra nudge that I need at the end of my second year to do a stellar job!

As I’ve mentioned before, my literature review is on infidelity, specifically about gender differences and treatment approaches for infidelity couples.  I’m thinking about opening my presentation with a short video of Tiger Woods and President Clinton, two very public figures with infamous relationships.  I think that everyone in my class has heard of their cases of infidelity, so I’m hoping this approach will capture their interest and sustain their attention!  The presentation is 1 hour long, so I need to incorporate a mixture of medias, such as videos, PPT slides, handouts, and in-class activities.  I think that instead of writing about it now, I should get to work! Wish me luck…

You know the saying “April showers bring May flowers?”  April showers=my mood and energy level right now, but May flowers=the thought of finishing my Spring semester & graduating!

40 Responses to April Showers Bring May Flowers

1. donna says:

SAP FICO is the important module of ERP and both FI and CO modules stores the financial transactions data. SAP FI is the important module of all SAP implementations, it is used for external reporting i.e Balance sheet, Profit and Loss statements. SAP Controlling plays an important role for the management decision making and CO Module is used for the internal reporting i.e Cost Center accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Product Costing, and Profitability etc. ONLINEITGURU offers SAP FICO Online Training in USA, UK, Canada, Australia, India all the world. Online SAP FICO Training with 12+years real time expert ,100% Live Projects ,24*7 access.
    Sap Fico Online Training

2. Mark J. Pack says:

I check this site when I get free time in my busy schedule. I found lot of important news here. It helps me a lot. thanks for giving these useful information here.

3. My friend referred this page to me as she found it very useful. I also found it very useful. Nice and very informative blog.

4. coloriages says:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about jeux flash. Regards

5. Jackie says:

Good web page I took up it directly to my bookmark.

6. I’ve been working with lots of infidelity issues and I truly agree of what was stated in here. Keep up the good writing.

7. hey Rich – really great post you covered everything here – Ive heard of smart goals useful stuff –
    cheers

8. Crystal says:

Very rightly said April showers bring may flowers. After a shower of sorrows, there will be flowers of happiness. so don’t loose hope and everything will be ok.

9. Wow, Tiger Woods and Clinton are the perfect example of infidelity ha, ha…

10. john mansour says:

Clinical depression has been a recurrent theme in my family for generations. Seems that the thread has been woven too tightly to unravel it all at once. It takes staunch diligence and peseverance to win this winnable battle!
    There are however some specific steps that you can take;

Treatment with medications is perhaps the most widely used one. You can try prescription antidepressants. There are different types of these drugs that work in slightly different ways. These include:

Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors

* Serotonine and Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors
    * Tricyclic Antidepressants – these are no longer widely used
    * Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors – these were the earliest medications used, but they have interaction not only with other medicines, but also with common foods such as chicken and chocolate.
    The obvious problem with these are the inevitable side effects such as dizziness, fatigue, dry mouth, nausea, and headache and reduced sex drive.

You can also try psychotherapy as well as cognitive behavioural therapy although these still seem to be in their infancy.

The bottom line is to get help from someplace, either a trusted friend, pastor, or professional. You cannot win this on your own!

11. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. Im quite certain I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

12. hope all is going well now – excellent artilce

13. toko bunga says:

pleasant task when you can combine with beauty. May flowers are also a good idea, full of hope beautiful

14. Joy says:

I hope everything turned out ok with you.

15. Very well written and informative article. Fantastic presentation.

16. Nice eye catching presentation. Interesting material. Looking forward reading more.

17. Very neat and clean design. I must say your blog is full of interesting information.

18. Jasmine says:

Wow such a nice blog!

19. Great blog post. Full of interesting stuff! :D

20. Payrolling says:

I have been gone for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this web site. Thank you, I’ll try and check back more frequently. How often do you update your website?

Joe – @ payrolling

21. SEO expert says:

I´m a SEO expert and each day is more complicated. Social networks will eventually lead the way

22. Shine says:

Congratulations on your graduation Samantha! I love showers and flowers.

23. Concentrate on the flowers, not the showers!

24. Payroll says:

I have recently started a website about marriage and infidelity and the info you offer on this site has helped me greatly. Thank you for shedding lights and good luck to your presentation. Break a leg !

25. A lovely post and lots of detail, I can see there was a huge amount of thought and stress went into getting this right, I’m sure it went well for you, what is next on the journey for you, I’d love to hear an update.
    Love & Light
    Karma – Psychic Intuitive & Trainer @ Psychics Live

26. It was a good idea to open with Tiger and President Clinton. i hope it went well.

27. psychic says:

hope your graduation went well :)

28. Rainy days brings such lovely flowers to the surrounding with its beautiful blooms. I love your post by the way.

29. flowers bring lots of smiles :)

30. Great! nice piece Samantha…I am a business owner now with Ice Vending Machines, when I was in college, I really feel the same with your story that is why I relate this piece. Well, keep it up and be happy always.

31. There is always a calm after the storm. Hard work and perseverance will always pay off. Just keep your chin down and keep working hard!

32. Samantha,

You bring back memories of the last days of college and the joy of moving on into life, Wish you the best and know you will be most useful to many people.
    The spring and the flowers give the picture of the renewing of the earth in God’s infinate wisdom and that it would be a good idea for us to begin using more Insights to Renewable Energy

33. Roses says:

Superb presentation! I understood about it very well. Thanks for providing the nice information.

34. Psychic Help says:

Awesome Burns, Very well writing. I am Intuitive Coach which provides free psychic help online and I really appreciate your great intuitive knowledge which lead to your awesome write-up.

Keep it up my friend and I expect more posts. Thanks :)

35. “April showers bring May flowers” – and flowers bring lots of smiles :)

Enjoy your day.

36. lola says:

Extremely well written article and very easy to understand. Really, it’s a great presentation. Thanks you for the posting……

37. Duddy says:

I’m glad I’ve found your blog because I’m an experienced couples counselor who is as passionate about strengthening marriages and families as I am for developing an evidence-based strategy for stopping procrastination.

I’d like to add to Stephan’s comment and suggest that you include Dominic Strauss-Khan.

I’d also love to be able to visit your blog again in the future and hear about what you’ve found in your infidelity research. For example, is it still roughly 50% of married men and 30% of married woman who have affairs in North America? What kind of counseling approaches save the marriage while also affair proofing it?

I really like your writing strategy of doing a bulk conceptual write-up based on your intuitive knowledge from your research and then going back to refine and reference it. This strategy fits very nicely with the evidence-based procrastination stopping strategy I’ve developed.

As far as overcoming procrastination on academic tasks is concerned the solution is actually as simple as it is counterintuitive:
    If it can “cure” clinical depression and childhood autism, it can “cure” procrastination.

I think you will find the following approach to ending procrastination very helpful for those important writing tasks that are both easy and harmful to avoid: http://procrastinationfreeliving.com

I look forward to visiting again sometime, in hopes that you have answered my questions about infidelity gender differences and effective infidelity treatment approaches.

Gratefully,
    – Duddy.

38. Extremely well written article and very easy to understand. Really, it’s a great presentation. Thanks you for the posting……

39. Stefan says:

Samantha,
    You should add Weiner to your presentation as well! Don’t worry about procrastination, it is human nature and it adds pressure which makes us work harder. I operate a renewable energy website that can be overwhelming at times, but a little bit of procrastination helps us work harder.

Good luck with your presentation,

Stefan