Why I Chose MSPP’s School Psychology Program

I heard about MSPP from a girl I went to UMass with who worked in the same psychology lab as me. She graduated the year before me and told me when she got accepted to MSPP’s forensic psychology program. I had never heard about MSPP before so I checked out the website. I saw that they had a school psychology program there so that really got me interested. The website also listed open house dates when you could visit the school. I made an appointment to attend an Open House event the following fall. When I got there, I was shocked at how small the campus was. It was literally one building (two now). At the open house, we could choose from a handful of different program presentations, school psychology being one of them. I was highly impressed by the openness and honesty of the school psychology faculty members who spoke. I liked the prospect of having small class sizes and greater individual attention. The professors seemed very dedicated in helping students succeed. And we got a great lunch for free! It was a long day but I got a lot of useful information out of it. Particularly from a first year school psychology student who calmed my nerves about living costs. He said students generally borrow extra money to cover daily expenses. But you have to be smart…don’t borrow more than what you could possibly need! Oh, and I got a cool MSPP pen too.

From Open House and the school psychology blogs I read, I was convinced of the honesty and integrity of the program. And that is a standard that I have held for myself as well. I realize that some people may not like what I have to say, but I would rather say it the way it is rather than deceive anyone. After all, there is a lot of money on the line.

It took me a couple months to really mull over my decision. As I have stated in the past, I probably waited a bit too long to apply. My excuse is that first semester senior year was the busiest time of my life. When I finally did apply, I was confident in my decision. I did not apply to any other schools, mainly because I did not want to take the GRE. I kind of wish I had at least visited other schools just as a basis for comparison, but I am content with my choice. I have had great experience working in schools while students in other school psychology programs have not had such opportunities. And I have faith that my experiences will be worth the money.

About Jenny Duncan

I am a first year School Psychology (MA/CAGS) student at MSPP. My interests include creative writing, singing, board games, RPGs, grunge rock, and sci-fi/fantasy TV shows. I am excited to be a part of the MSPP community and educate myself in the field of School Psychology. If you want to know more about me, please read my blogs!
This entry was posted in Applying to MSPP, School Psychology. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Why I Chose MSPP’s School Psychology Program

1. Hello! I could have sworn I’ve visited this blog before but after browsing through many of the posts I realized it’s new to me.
    Regardless, I’m certainly pleased I came across it and I’ll be bookmarking
    it and checking back frequently!

2. Everything is very open with a really clear description of the challenges.
    It was truly informative. Your website is extremely helpful.

Thank you for sharing!

3. visit us says:

Generally I do not read post on blogs, however I would like
    to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do it!
    Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, very great article.

4. Read up on companies before the interview- when on the job search and … in your area sign up for free job listings at SearchJobsQuick.com/search/register.php

5. I am new to juicing and read all the reviews on here before I bought this one. It is a great juicer. The price is excellent and it does exactly what it says it does. I get a huge glass of juice in just a few seconds and I feel better after!

Webmaster of Breville BJE200XL 700-Watt Compact Juice Fountain.

6. Katherine says:

I like a school with small population…it feels like everybody in the campus knows each other…like a little community.

7. The Cisco ONS 15454 SONET Multiservice Provisioning Platform (MSPP) provides the functions of multiple network elements in a single platform.

8. Joy says:

I will recommend MSPP to my friends.

9. I came across this site from a link from facebook and wanted to let you know that i appreciate this post! I will be bookmarking this site for the future!!

xoxoxox,
    Jessica

10. Anton says:

MSSP is one the popular school i guess.I also heard that from a friend of mine who took BSPsychology last year.

11. Anton says:

MSSP is one the popular school i guess.I also heard that from a friend of mind who took BSPsychology last year.