Volunteering

An important and fun aspect of being an MSPP student is that there are many opportunities to do volunteer work during the school year.  An e-mail was sent out last week asking for volunteers to work at Cradles to Crayons today.  Cradles to Crayons (C2C) is an “innovative Quincy-based nonprofit organization that equips homeless and in-need children with the basic essentials they need to feel safe, warm, ready to learn and valued. While meeting the immediate needs of low-income children, C2C also sets a foundation for lasting change by providing meaningful, tangible volunteer opportunities to thousands of individuals and hundreds of organizations each year.” Unfortunately, I had to work at my internship all day, but I would have loved to do this volunteer opportunity!

If you’re a person who loves to volunteer and make a difference in the community, than maybe MSPP is the school for you!  Check out some of the other community service projects, such as The Food Project and MSPP CARE.  Another bonus is that if there is an organization or population that you are passionate about, you can bring these ideas to the community service meetings and propose a project or volunteer opportunity!

This entry was posted in Counseling Psychology, Social Responsibility. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Volunteering

1. donna says:

SAP FICO is the important module of ERP and both FI and CO modules stores the financial transactions data. SAP FI is the important module of all SAP implementations, it is used for external reporting i.e Balance sheet, Profit and Loss statements. SAP Controlling plays an important role for the management decision making and CO Module is used for the internal reporting i.e Cost Center accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Product Costing, and Profitability etc. ONLINEITGURU offers SAP FICO Online Training in USA, UK, Canada, Australia, India all the world. Online SAP FICO Training with 12+years real time expert ,100% Live Projects ,24*7 access.
    Sap Fico Online Training

2. Neil Lowe says:

Doing volunteer work is one of the most rewarding experiences. To look into the eyes of the people you are helping always bring a smile to my face.
    Neil

3. I agree with you to some extent. Good and fantastic blog. I am interested very much in such publications and sure will keep visiting your blog to check your messages and news as well.

Webmaster of HP Colour LaserJet CP2025DN Printer.

The road to success is always under construction. — Lily Tomlin

4. I had to work at my internship all day, but I would have loved to do this volunteer opportunity!

5. Maria Russo says:

Great for MSPP and to those who benefit. It’s critical to volunteer, of course it helps those in need and hopefully for youngsters having contact with volunteer-student will serve as role models.

6. Pingback: Getting Involved at MSPP | MSPP Student Voices